The Companion Animal Veterinarians (CAV) encourages the health and wellbeing of companion animals in New Zealand. Officially this branch of the NZVA was formed in 1972, although there is information indicating that this actually dates further back into the sixties.
We promote the value and importance of companion animals in society and aim to improve the knowledge, expertise and personal development of veterinarians involved in companion animal practice.
The branch welcomes enquiries from companion animal owners, veterinarians as well as others connected to the companion animal industry and the veterinary profession.
CAV membership benefits
Member benefits offered to CAV members include:
- Four issues of the Companion Quarterly magazine per year
- Awards, grants and scholarships
- Discounted companion animal continuing education
- Representation on various committees in the companion animal arena
- Regular e-CAV bulletins to keep practitioners up-to-date with current issues in the profession.
Membership of CAV is available to NZVA members. An additional subscription fee applies. First year veterinary graduates are offerred complimentary membership.
To join, please email membership [at] vets [dot] org [dot] nz